Why Is Scalp Care So Important?
We are all aware that the importance of routine skin care and how it affects our looks and health. But what about the skin where your beautiful hair comes from, it's almost an abandoned area considered no place in daily treatment. Your skin and hair get lots of attention from you, but your scalp also certainly deserves your care.
Most of the time we pay much more attention to our hair than the scalp, but the truth is, those hair products that benefit your hair are not always are friendly to your scalp as you think.
Overusing hairdryers and shampoo may damage your scalp by causing dry scalp, itchy scalp, even dandruff. So it's time for you to enjoy full scalp care or scalp treatment, especially for people who wear sew in weaves and wigs regularly.
How scalp affect your health and hair?
1. Dry scalp is usually caused by weather factors, overuse, and harsh ingredient of hair products. Having a dry scalp can easily cause discomfort with irritated skin, unbearable itchy feelings, and it usually connects with dandruff. For human hair weaves and wigs wearers, it's a common mistake that you should wash your hair weaves every day. Because the natural oil produced by your scalp can keep your hair and skin moisturized. And people usually ignore the staples of hair products and over-cleaning which may do damage to your scalp.
2. Normally, your scalp is a bit oily, the oil can keep your hair and scalp stay watery and healthy. But an oily scalp can make your hair dirty and greasy, which is bad for the health of your scalp and looks bad for the hair.
Some factors contribute to an oily scalp, such as, hair products containing harsh artificial chemicals that do damage to your hair follicles and overwash your hair.
3. We care about and know about the health of hair, but the scalp seems to have always been given little care. Only a healthy scalp can create healthy and beautiful hair. And for those who wear wigs and human hair bundles, it is easier to leave the scalp treatment behind.
How to take care of scalp
1. Oil your scalp
Oiling your scalp can keep your scalp retaining moisture and improve the condition of your roots for better hair growth. But keep in mind that you should avoid using too much oil, excessive oil will not benefit the scalp and can create greasy and messy hair, especially for having straight hair bundles. There are many options for oil, such as Coconut oil, tea tree oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil, etc.
2. Uv protection for your scalp
Like we said before, your scalp should be treated with patience and love just like you care about the facial skin. Direct sunlight can speed the aging process of our skin. Wearing SPF to protect your scalp can keep your scalp away from sunburn and avoid dry scalp.
3. The method of wearing hair weaves and wigs
Wearing hair weaves and wigs can help you change looks by adding more volume and length, but it will damage your scalp if you braid your hair too tight for sewing hair weaves. The pressure that is brought by tight braiding can cause headaches and even hair loss. So you need to braid your hair for a snug fit but not too tightly. And we suggest you wear hair bundles instead of wigs due to the high temperature and humidity of the summer. And having body wave hair bundles can perfectly match the summer vibe.
4. Proper washing
It's a common mistake that washing your hair more frequently is better for the hair and scalp. You need to make a plan to wash your hair considering your hair texture. If you have long straight hair bundles, you may need to wash your hair more often compared to those people who own curly hair bundles.
5. Massage your scalp
Not just foot and back massage can free you from stress, a relaxing scalp massage can also do the trick. Plus it can benefit your scalp health by growing more hair and strong hair by improving blood circulation.
Recommendation for breathable glueless wigs that are good for your scalp and natural style creation: