Processed vs Unprocessed Human Hair,Which is Better?
Hair weaves are wonderful, all over the world, people who want to transform their look use hair extensions to provide extra length or body to their style. Human hair contains processed hair and unprocessed hair. You may know the best quality hair is unprocessed weave hair. However, what is unprocessed hair? How to tell a human hair weave is processed or unprocessed? Is processed hair good or bad?... Don’t worry, you will find the answer in this article.
What is processed hair?
While processed hair refers to hair that has been chemically treated during production. The processed hair doesn't mean it's bad. It might be a processed chemical process or sleep process. For example, dye the hair or bleach them.
Processed hair refers to hair that has been chemically treated during production to make it appear a certain way. Prior to being styled, processed hair is soaked in a highly acidic bath to strip it of its cuticles and basically emit all of the natural characteristics of the strands.
Advantages of processed hair:
The main advantage of processed hair is that once the cuticles have been removed, the hair can be colored and treated in any way to look however the manufacturer wants it. Usually, processed hair is coated in silicone after treatments to replenish the appearance and boost its shine.
Disadvantages of processed hair:
The disadvantage is that the hair is heavily processed, so its lifespan is not as long as the lifespan of an unprocessed wig or set of hair extensions.
What is unprocessed hair?
Unprocessed hair still has the cuticle intact; it has not been chemically processed. The hair is also usually from a single donor. Each strand of hair faces the same direction, not causing tangling. The hair would also be considered Remy hair, also known as “cuticle hair.” It can last a long time than processed hair, of course, it is more expensive than the processed hair.
Sometimes when you have hair that's raw unprocessed curly hair. You can flat iron it straight and do about things to it. It doesn't tend to lose its curl pattern with time compared to having invested already occur.
Advantages of unprocessed hair:
a: The advantage of unprocessed hair is that if you want to color the hair, you can get a great match to your own. With unprocessed hair, you also get a better color application, as the stylist can see the original tones in the hair and which tones it pulls.
b: Another advantage is that unprocessed hair lasts longer than processed hair; this way, you get a greater value, as it's not damaged hair. The hair is soft and more manageable after you wash it as it's not usually coated in silicone
Disadvantages of unprocessed hair:
Unprocessed hair is a greater investment than processed hair, but worth the cost.
Just like if your hair is straight and you want to have sure your hair is naturally kinky. You want to be sure you have to chemically process. to be straight.
If your hair is naturally straight you want a perm curl. you have to process it to have that jerry curl.
Does it mean its own damage it's bad for you? that's the difference between processed hair and unprocessed hair.
Now let’s talk about the difference between processed and unprocessed hair weave:
Difference between processed and unprocessed hair weaves:
1. Unprocessed hair is a greater investment than processed hair because it can last a long time than processed hair.
2. Unprocessed hair is harder to source, so it is in limited quantities, and it is indubitably more expensive than the processed hair.
3. The processed hair can blend with our hair and it has to be processed to change. It just means that it has to be processed to blend with your hair texture. While unprocessed hair weaves are hard to match altogether when you're buying.
4. Processed hair provides more than one hair color, and you can also have assorted hair textures to choose from. For the unprocessed unit, the hair cuticles that give life to the hair are not tampered with, and that extra-natural feel and appearance would be obvious.
If you want to get more knowledge about processed and unprocessed hair weave,you can watch this video. Hope it can help you!
Processed or unprocessed hair, which is better:?
The pros and cons of processed and unprocessed human hair are obvious. So, Which is better: processed or unprocessed hair?
In my opinion, you should select it according to your own preference, lifestyle, and budget to find the best hair weave for yourself.
If you want to color the hair by yourself, get a great match to your own. You should choose unprocessed hair. Meanwhile, unprocessed hair lasts longer than processed hair; The hair is soft and more manageable after you wash it as it’s not usually coated in silicone.
If you want your hair can be colored and treated in any way your like, usually, processed hair will be a good choice for you. It is coated in silicone after treatments to replenish the appearance and boost its shine.
Be careful, though, as lots of websites and wig shops claim their hair is unprocessed just to make a sale. Remember, unprocessed hair is harder to source, so it is in limited quantities, and it is indubitably more expensive than the processed hair.
How to tell real Unprocessed human hair?
Testing for unprocessed human hair
1. The outer layer of unprocessed human hair is composed of overlapping scales arranged in much the same way as scales on a fish. Run your finger and thumb fairly rapidly down the strands of hair from roots to ends. It will travel quite smoothly. If you do the same thing in the opposite direction from ends to roots it will feel rough causing a bit of friction.
2. Some naturally lighter hair colors will have darker roots and lighter ends, which can make it easy to tell cuticle direction.
3. When washing Virgin unprocessed human hair, or any other so-called virgin Remy hair, if there is black dye coming out, then it is to be sure that it is not real virgin unprocessed hair.
What hair should you buy? Looking for Brazilian or Malaysian hair? Check out below!
For a look at Brazilian human hair, click here.
For a look at Malaysian hair weaves, click here.
For a look at Peruvian hair with closure, click here.
For a look at Indian virgin remy hair bundles, click here.
...well, now you know what is unprocessed hair means ;)
What's the differences between virgin brazilian,peruvian,malaysian and indian hair