How to Measure Your Head for A Wig
With online shopping becoming the main way of shopping for most people in modern times, people often worry about the size of a wig when they buy it online and have no idea what size they should choose. Are you one of them? In order to help you find the proper wig, now follow our step-by-step guide to learn how to measure your head for a wig.
As we all know, choosing the proper wig for your head starts with the basic sizes you need to know. To gain the best fit, you need to measure your head for wig size in six ways:
2. from forehead to nape of neck;
3. ear to ear across forehead;
4. ear to ear over up;
5. from temple to temple around back;
6. nape of the neck.
These measurements can help you find a suitable wig size according to the guide of wig size. The more accurate these measurements are, the better your wig will fit.
How To Measure Your Head Circumference
When it comes to how to measure your head for a human hair wig, the head circumference may be a way of measuring what most people are familiar with. To get the measurement of your head circumference, follow these steps below:
1. Place the measuring tape at the center of your forehead. And it would be better to place the measuring tape above the brow and make sure it lay flat on the forehead at the same time. Then start to pull the tape back until it reaches the nape of your neck. In this process, you need to notice the tape must be above the top of your left ear;
2. Continue to pull it over your other ear. Don’t pull the tape too tight around your head so as to get an accurate measurement.
3. Bring the ends of the tape to pull together at the center of your forehead, pinch your finger at the connection, and remove the tape. In the end, use a pen to record the measurement on a piece of paper. If the condition permits, you had better measure it several times.
How To Measure From Forehead To Nape Of Neck
To get the right size from forehead to the nape of your neck, then follow these steps:
1. Hold the tape at the front hairline;
2. Make a straight line down the center of your forehead and end at the nape of your neck.
How To Measure Ear-to-ear Across Forehead
Measuring from the top of the ear to the other side of your other ear is also very important for you. In order to get an accurate measurement, now make this measurement:
1. Place the end of the tape to measure over one ear;
2. Pull the tape up and across the hairline until it reaches the other ear;
3. Use a pen to record the measurement;
How To Measure Ear-to-ear Over Up
To measure the top of your head, you need to do:
1. Place the end of the measuring tape to measure over one ear;
2. Pull the tape up over your head until it reaches your other ear;
3. Record the result of the measurement;
How To Measure From Temple To Temple Around Back
It is an important measurement, but it is easy to miss when you try to measure the size of the wig. To do this:
1. Place one end of the tape on one temple, next to your eyebrow.
2. Pull your hair back and wrap it around the back of your head until it reaches the other temple.
3. Make sure the level of the tape and don’t let it slide up or down;
4. Record the measurement.
How To Measure Nape of Neck
In the end, you should measure the back of your neck where the base of your wig will fall.
1. Place the end of the tape behind one ear that is the bottom of the earlobe;
2. Wrap the tape around your hairline or the back of your neck until it reaches the underneath of another ear;
3. Record the data. Now it is time to apply these measures to different wig sizes.
You can find the perfect size for a wig according to the wig head size chart.
Our high-quality HD lace wigs, lace front wigs, headband wigs, and so on often come with an adjustable strap and four combs to help secure the unit. Even if your head size doesn’t exactly fall into these categories, you can easily adjust to achieve perfect hair.
Some Tips About How To Measure Your Head For A wig
1. Before measuring your head size for a wig, you had better remove any hairstyles that may affect the measurement. When you measure the head circumference, there are some hairstyles that will add some volumes, thus influencing the data of measurement, such as braids, buns, ponytails, and so on.
2. If it is possible, you had better remove some accessories that will affect your measurements, for example, pins, clips, barrettes, and so on;
3. In order to get an accurate measurement, it would be better to use a flexible, non-stretchable tape for you to measure your head.
4. It is important to consider your body frame and the volume of your natural hair when choosing the size of your wig.
If you are petite and have thick and medium-length hair, you may choose a small size. While you have thick and long hair, you had better go up a size;
If you have a medium body frame and thick, medium-length hair, you may choose a medium size. And if you have thick and long hair, please go up a size. If you have thin hair or no hair, please take a smaller size.
If you have a large body frame, medium-length hair, and your head circumference is beyond 22.5 inches, you could be pick up a large size. If you just have thin hair or no hair, please reduce one size.
In a world, we hope you can find the most suitable size for your wig. If you still have a question about how to measure your head for a wig, you can comment below or contact us.