How Long Can You Keep a Wig on?
For ladies who love a glamorous look and want to protect their natural hair, there's no better way to go than a wig. There is much speculation on how long a wig can be kept in. The great thing about wigs is the better you take care of them, the longer they will last.
Today, we're going over the question of exactly how long can you keep a wig on and how to care for wigs to lengthen their lifespan.
1. How Long Can You Keep A Wig On At A Time?
3. Tips To Make Your Wig Last Longer
How Long Can You Keep A Wig On At A Time?
The long answer to how long can you keep a wig glued on is that it varies based on the type of wig glue you use, the skill of your hairstylist, how fast your hair grows, and how closely you follow natural hair wig care guidelines, and a few other factors.
But the quick answer is the maximum length of time you should wear a lace front wig depends on the type of adhesive you use. That is because some adhesives are designed for short-term use only, while others can keep a glued wig for several weeks (4-6 months).
Usually, a lace front wig can be left on for up to six weeks with long-term adhesive. The length of time a lace front wig can be left on is really dependent upon what method and products were used to apply the wig, as well as body chemistry.
But I do not recommend keeping a glued wig on your head for more than six weeks at a time and thinking you must take a break after six weeks. Once the six-week time period is up, it's time to remove the wig and give your hair the post-wig attention it needs in the form of thorough cleansing, deep conditioning, and moisturizing.
Keep in mind that although wigs are a good way to enhance your beauty, don't become overly reliant on them. After all, wigs are an accessory and your natural hair is uniquely yours. No matter when wigs can not replace your original healthy hairs.
How Long Can Wigs Last?
For 100% virgin human hair wigs, they can last for more than one year with proper care. That is because they aren’t chemically processed, and the cuticles are still intact.
And what the wig or hair system is made of also greatly influences the lifespan of the wig.
Tips To Make Your Wig Last Longer
As above mentioned, the lifespan of a wig also depends on how you care for the wig. Although human hair wigs are more expensive than synthetic varieties, human hair wigs allow for a more natural appearance. Follow the following tips to prolong the lifespan of your wigs.
1. Wear Your Wig Less Often
Don't forget how long a human hair wig lasts comes down to how frequently you wear it. The less you wear your wig, the longer it will last.
If you want to wear a wig every day, you may need to consider buying two wigs and rotating them. Besides that, rotating will allow you to care for properly your wigs on off days.
2. Take Good Care Of Your Wigs
If you can often comb the wig with a wide-toothed brush from the bottom up after use, clean it with the right shampoo and hair conditioner, and follow all the usage guidelines shared by top wig suppliers and designers, then, we believe your wig will have a long lifespan.
3. Practice Gentle Removal Methods
▪ Don't take off your lace wig when you're rushed—patience is key.
▪ Use a designated adhesive remover for lace front wigs. There are many wig remover sprays available on the market. For example, the C22 spray glue remover can dissolve the glue to take off and change your wig. Medical alcohol that is 90% alcohol or higher is also a good choice.
▪ Apply enough of it to soften the glue and then slowly take the wig off. Apply more WIG remover and wait several minutes to try again when you feel any resistance.
▪ Don't forget to cleanse the excess glue off of the lace, even after you safely remove your wig.
▪ Use shampoo and condition as well to cleanse your skin and hair.
4. Properly Style Your wig
When using heated styling products such as straighteners and curlers, we recommend using the lowest setting possible, using plenty of heat styling protection products, and not using the styling products anywhere near the root of the hair.
It is always better to style wigs when wet, using rollers, rather than using heated styling products.
These are the best way to prolong your wigs' life, however, it is not always practical. If possible, you had better use heat styling tools as little as possible and try to curl or straighten your wigs without heat.
5. Carefully Store Your Wig
When you're not wearing your wig, it should always be stored on a wig stand away from excess heat, dampness, and direct sunlight.
If you need to travel with your wig, use a wig stand and wig box to ensure it doesn't become damaged or misshapen during your journey.
6. Properly Wash and Condition Your Human Hair Wig
▪ Rinse with cool to lukewarm water. (Water should be at room temperature or slightly warmer.)
▪ Apply a very small drop of high-quality mild shampoo to the wet hair (avoid the scalp area). Do not rub the hair as you would treat your own hair and scalp.
▪ Comb the shampoo through the hair with your fingers from top to bottom and gently downward strokes one section at a time. Do not scrub the hair.
▪ Gently apply some of the soapy water to the inside of the wig cap. Do not scrub the wig cap.
▪ Rinse again with cool or lukewarm water from the top-down and from the inside of the wig cap to remove excess shampoo.
▪ Gently blot excess water from hair with a clean towel.
▪ Apply some conditioner to the damp hair and avoid the scalp area as the conditioner can loosen the knots.
▪ Flush out all conditioning thoroughly.
7. Prevent Entanglement Of Your Wig
▪ Occasionally, the wig may be entangled or nape (neck), because of the back and shoulder region of the friction junction upward. Thinner hair more likely is that it will gather - this is completely normal.
▪ The best way of preventing tangles is to brush a wig, and a small drop of oil is used each time to complete each day. It is very important to maintain a healthy wig and prevent dry hair and struggle because it does not receive the natural oils from the head.
If you are interested, you can watch the video to get more detailed information on how to take care of your wig.
Where To Buy Good Wigs Online?
Although human hair wigs are more expensive than synthetic varieties, human hair wigs allow for a more natural appearance. Meanwhile, how long it last is depend on your care. So why not invest in a good-quality human hair wig to achieve the most natural look for years?
If you don't know where to buy good wigs online, maybe you can try to search the UNice hair online. Here, you can choose human hair lace front wigs, full lace wigs,360 lace wigs, transparent lace wigs, and other trendy wigs in any texture and color on sale now.
Buy from UNice online wig store, the wigs are natural and the price is affordable. It is an online wig company that has been in the hair business for years and the hair quality has been approved by lots of Youtubers as an OEM factory at the same time. Thus, you will be assured to get your human hair wigs of great quality at very affordable prices.