Difference between lace and silk closure
Last updated Oct.16,2020
When it comes to wearing weaves and hair extensions, the goal should always be to obtain a natural-like appearance. No one deliberately wants their weave to be easily detected, which is why many installations require leaving hair out in the front to cover tracks.
Now we have so many more options to make our extensions and weaves look way more natural; and I for one, am in love. We all know about closures and frontals by now. But what many of us don’t really know is the difference between a human hair lace closure and a silk base closure. That’s what I’m here for! To drop some knowledge on ya.
What exactly is a closure?
If you do not know what closures hair is, it’s simply a hairpiece that is placed on your hair, which gives a natural look by imitating the scalp.
This is great because it allows you not to leave any of your natural hair out which in return protects your hair from damages. As for the differences between Lace and Silk Closure, the differences extend from appearances and materials.
What is lace closures?
The ear to ear lace closure meaning that the individual strands of hair are attached to a lace base. It does give a natural look. You can get a natural look with lace.Many customers prefer lace closures.
Now with lace closure, you're going to have to do some tweaking in order to get the most natural look. So you're either going to have to bleach the knots on the closure.
What is silk base closures?
A silk base closure is made with a silk base.With the silk closure it has a layer of silk which the individual strands of hair are embedded into the silk and then it also has a layer of lace.
Now with silk closures, the knots are not visible because they are embedded in that layer if silk. So you can see this definitely gives more of a scalp like an appearance.
Difference between lace and silk closure
- The Foundation: Silk base closures generally do not require any bleaching of the knots. Because of the silk material on the back on the closure, the knots are not visible and mimic the scalp without needing many alterations.
- The Color: The lace of hair bundle deals with closure can come in different shades, which is very helpful in making sure that what you are getting works best for your scalp color. It cannot be reiterated enough about the importance of making your sew in look as natural as possible. With that, though the lace of closures can come in different colors, they are still very much transparent so you will see whatever it lays on.
- The Construction: The construction of silk closures make the hair unit look more natural and more like your scalp. The silk material underneath is the ideal method for using a closure as the finishing piece of your hair install. However, this type of closure tends to be a little thicker, which can pose a challenge for getting a super flat install.
Lace closure vs silk base closure, how to chose?
Closures come in two different bases–lace and silk–and can be glued, taped, or sewn down. Although they are both applied the same and used to achieve the same overall result, they are quite different. Not sure which closure would work best for you? You can choose it just according to your own need.
So, how to choose?
What makes a person decide to choose one closure? The two main factors are Cost and longevity.
- Part lace closure is cheaper while you may have to put in the extra effort. The silk-based closure uses the silk material which made it more expensive. Both hair closure types are use Virgin hair.
- Longevity is another factor to consider, which many women agree, and the silk closure lasts longer. There are a lot of differences between lace closure and silk base closure, but there still has one thing in common: the overall purpose.
UNice closures help make your hair weave looks natural and can help to not damage your natural hair.The lace closure sew in weave is the best protective hairstyle for women who are transitioning from relaxers to their natural hair, or simply for women who have kinky natural hair and want to protect it during the cold season, which can be sewn or glued.
If you want to do more with your hair a lace closure is a must have! It enables you to be more experimental with your hair, choosing the looks, fashion, and styles you require with no compromise.
Shop more affordable lace closures sew in