Best African American Wig 2020-Buyer’s Guide
Wigs are worn by more people today than ever and it’s no coincidence. Which is right for you? They all have advantages and limitations which make them the right choice at different times. Each of them is a great choice for you depending on your budget, time, and needs. Optimally, you will choose to have both on hand as they each have their pluses!
Why do so many African-American women wear wigs?
- First, wearing hair wigs can be a great protective style. You can save your hair from the daily rigors of normal styling as well as from heat styling.
- Another reason is that the overall quality of wigs has improved so much. With the improved quality of materials along with better wig construction, synthetic wigs can be like real human hair wigs.
- Lastly, it can be just plain convenient! Hmmm, protect my own hair and not have to do it all the time? That's a win-win!
What are natural-looking African American wigs?
African American wigs are made from high-quality human hair, which is virtually indistinguishable in appearance. Fox specifically design with women of color in mind. With many varieties of wig collections, styles, colors, and textures you can change your hairstyle for fun, fashion and to fit the occasion without altering or damaging your own hair. These wigs were constructed to highlight the strength and beauty of African American women.
Types of African American wigs
1. Human hair wigs African American
About the product
- Cap Size: Medium Size (22 - 22.5 inch);
- Lace Color: Medium color;
- Density:120% Density.
- Quality: 100% virgin hair, natural and healthy.
- Hair Quality: no shedding, no tangles, no lice.
- Easy to wear: Glueless lace wig with Adjustable Strap and Combs.
Human hair wigs look and feel the most natural because…well…it is natural real hair. There is nothing exactly like the feel, weight, and movement of a good quality 100% natural hair wig. Real Hair Wigs are remarkably soft with a shine and movement not easily duplicated by synthetic hair.
Its versatility allows you to style it like your own hair with curls or bone straight with a durability that can last over a year! Besides, human wigs are the perfect solution for Hair Loss.
Pros and cons
- Can be colored, permed, and styled just like your own hair.
- Match your own hair texture very closely
- Can last a year or more when worn daily
- Super quiet gaming experience
- Feel great and can look incredibly natural
- Need to be washed, deep-conditioned, and re-styled frequently
- They are typically more expensive
2. Synthetic hair wig
About the product
- high-quality heat-resistant synthetic wig.
- The size is adjustable and no pins or tape should be required.
- It can be used for many occasions mainly
- Fashionable and stylish hair wig looks natural, real, very pretty, and feminine
With technological advances, synthetic hair has come a long way in recent years. In some cases it is difficult to tell the difference -- the denier and texture are such that they feel almost like human hair.
Synthetic wigs The fiber used has "memory" for wave, curl, and volume which lets hair bounce back into place with minimal effort -- the curl pattern is permanently set.
It is less expensive than human hair wigs, is durable, and can look as real as your own hair.
Pros and cons
- Higher quality synthetic hair offers a look and feels quite similar to human hair
- Offers limited styling versatility (hot tools cannot be used)
- Requires little maintenance and can usually be worn right out of the box
- It lacks versatility.
- Synthetic hair is also less durable than a human hair. It cannot be styled to look many different ways like its human hair counterparts.
3. Lace wigs for women
About the product
- Natural hairline: Pre-plucked natural hairline with baby hair
- Color: natural color, can be dyed.
- Wig style: lace front, full lace, and 360 lace frontal wigs;
- Hair density: 120-150% density ;
- Wig lace color: medium brown and dark brown.
- Cap Size: the medium is 22-22.5 Inches,
A lace wig or a lace front wig for black women is a special type of hairpiece or wig in which human hair or synthetic hair is tied by hand to a sheer lace base that goes over the scalp.
Lace front wigs have become popular among celebrities and non-celebrities alike. They are known for their realistic look and allow for styling away from the face.
Pros and cons
- Natural-looking hairline
- Styling Versatility
- Easy to apply and remove
- Won’t damage your actual hair
- You have to learn how to properly apply and remove the wig
- Reapplication: This is required every 3 to 4 weeks
- Cleaning must be done before reapplication, which can be time consuming
Human Hair Wigs and Synthetic Wigs, How to Tell?
1. Burn with fire
The difference between real hair and synthetic hair can be distinguished by the smell and flame retardance, usually burned by lighters. Synthetic hair has the smell of plastic, human hair has the smell of burning real hair.
Speak of flame retardancy, human hair is not easy to burn, the hair will roll when the fire is close, but it is difficult to burn up, the flame retardancy is very good; the synthetic hair' flame retardant is not good, it will burn up when the fire is close. After burning, the human hair ash can be scrunched, and the synthetic hair ash becomes hardened and can not be scrunched.
2. Test with a hair straightener
And you can test it with a hair straightener. 1, Plug in the power. 2, Adjust the temperature of the hair straightener up to 220 degrees. 3, waiting for the high temperature, clipping the test hair with hair straighter, and gently straightening. Pull 5-6 times. 4, If the hair is real human hair, it will be straightened, and if it is a synthetic wig, it will be curled or melted.
African American Human Hair Wigs Care Tips
1. Avoid High Temperature
Do not place your virgin African American hair wig close to high temperature. Do not use Flat-iron or curler too often, it will cause your hair wig to lack glossy, dry, and easy to break.
2. Hair Wig Washing
Wash your human hair wig once for about 1-2 months is best, and also it depends on the frequency of wearing.
3. Water Temperature
Use cold water or mild water to clean your hair wig, just using normal shampoo is okay, use some hair conditioner to help your hair wig keep shiny and silky.
4. Dry Your Hair Wig
Do not use the blower to dry your hair wig, use a dry towel to suck additional water in the hair, and place it in a ventilated place, to avoid damage to hair caused by sun exposure.
Notice that does not comb your hair immediately after washing, comb it after the hair is dry. When combing your human hair wig, Use a special wide brush to comb your hair(steel comb and metal comb are ok, do not use a plastic comb), start from hair end to top, this will prevent your hair wig from shedding.
6. Curly Hair Wigs Combing
If you have a curly hair wig, the comb should not be used frequently, use your hand to make it orderly after wearing it.
7. When Your Hair Wig Tangling Severely After Long Use
If your hair wig is tangling after long use, do not pull your hair, spray some wig-specific non-oily conditioner, and comb it with a wide-toothed comb or hand carefully do not rush, take your time.
8. Do Not Use Hair Spray
Do not use hairspray like gel water, or pomade to your hair wig, it will make hair be oiled and get messy easily.
9. Use Non-oily conditioner
The use of Non-oily conditioner is quite easy: spray a few times before wearing your hair wigs, it will help your hair be silky and bright, and can prevent static electricity, keep your hair moisten, it will be silky like new hair.
10. Not Tie Your Hair Wig Up Too High
You absolutely can wear your hair wig up. Just need to know the "rule" that do not tie your hair extensions too high, just in case your own hair leave out.
11. Long Human Hair Wigs Combing
Where to buy good wigs online?
Where to buy wigs online? Today I am going to tell you the best places to buy wigs.
We know that you want to express your own unique style, so at UNice, we offer the largest selection of wigs for sale online. Looking and feeling your best has never been so easy because UNice has the best wig deals with prices and savings few can resist.
Your everyday look can be as casual or fabulous as you wish, with UNice’s vast wig collection specially made with black women in mind.
So whether you’re looking for curly wigs, a silky straight, long black wig for an amazing look, a short wig in the hottest ombre color, or bob wigs with bangs, we have it right here.
Define your own style, mood, and attitude with one of our latest lace wigs, full lace wigs, Remy human hair wigs, or 360 lace wigs.
UNice has different kinds of lace wigs, such as full lace wigs, lace front wigs, glueless lace wigs, etc. Buy top-quality lace wigs to enjoy different beauty.
All the fabulous wig styles that fit you and your lifestyle are right here. Shopping has never been easier!
What Is The Difference Between Human Hair Wigs And Synthetics?